Are you struggling with the Printer of your brother not responding? It is perhaps the most typical error that could occur on mac or windows pcs. If your Printer isn’t responding, the commands typically indicate a communication issue. When you enter the instruction for printing or scanning using your computer, the Printer will not respond. Your computer creates an error message like Brother printer is in an error state.
In this blog, we’ll explain why Brother doesn’t respond to Windows PCs and what you can do to solve it. Suppose you’re currently unable to connect to the Printer on your PC. Follow the below steps.
What is the reason why my Brother printer not responding on Windows?
Most of the time, printers from Brother will not respond because of a communication issue. If the computer and Printer aren’t pinging each other, you’ll be unable to print or scan any document. It could be due to the following causes:
- Printers and computers aren’t connected to the same network.
- The USB wire isn’t in good working order.
- The driver for the Printer is not able to communicate with the printer driver.
- The computer is running way too slowly.
- The firewall or antivirus is hindering the Printer.
- The firmware of the Printer is not up to date.
- Hardware issues with the device.
We now know the reason why my Printer stopped responding. Therefore, it’s time to repair it on your Windows and Mac Pc.
How to fix Brother Printers Not Responding Errors on Windows 10 Or Windows 11?
Suppose your Brother printer is in error on Windows 10 or 11. it is recommended to change the following settings for windows Mac and computer.
Step 1: Cancel All Print commands-
When you encounter the error message “Printer not responding” on your Windows computer, It is necessary to stop any printing commands you are waiting for.
- Double-click the print icon that is located at the bottom of the taskbar.
- Right-click to print the job.
- Click on the cancel button.
- After removing your print job, you must perform identical steps to remove other jobs.
Step 2: Power Cycle the Printer and Windows computer
After you have canceled the printing jobs on the Windows PC, it’s time for you to restart your computer. Therefore, you must turn off your devices by following the following order.
- Reboot your computer.
- Remove the power cable from your Printer. Please wait for a few minutes before you reconnect it. Now power on the Printer. If the Printer of your brother does not turn on, it is necessary to verify the power cord.
Step 3: Verify the USB Wire-
Using the Brother printer in Windows 10, use the USB wire. It is essential to examine the cable thoroughly. Verify that the Printer’s USB cable is in good condition.
- Remove the USB wire from the Printer & computer. Please take a moment before reconnecting it.
- Connect the Printer to the different USB slots on your PC.
- Make sure that the USB cord isn’t damaged. If it is it is, then you must replace it.
- Reboot your Printer and computer after you have changed to the USB slot.
Step 4: Upgrade the USB driver
Sometimes, the Printer isn’t responding on Windows 10 or 11 pc due to driver problems. Suppose USB drivers aren’t working or are not up-to-date. Your computer will be unable to communicate with your Printer.
Then, it would help if you started the manager of devices on your PC and then updated it to the USB driver.
- Start your Run Window. (Press Window and the R key on your keyboard).
- Enter Devmgmt.msc inside the box for Run.
- Press the OK button.
- Expand the Universal Serial Controller Window.
- Click right-click to select the USB driver.
- Select the driver update.
- Click the Search Automatically for Updates Option.
You can click the end button when your computer has updated the driver.
Step 5: Check the wireless connection
If you’re using the Printer of your brother using wifi on your computer, it will not be able to respond when you print. It is essential to verify the connection.
Often, the Printer or computer may not be connected to a similar network. This is why you should verify the WIFI profile of your PC and Printer.
In this case, you could also see your brother’s offline printer error. Make sure to connect your computer and Printer to a similar network.
Suppose your Printer from your brother does not communicate with its WIFI network. You must restart the networking settings and then connect it to the WIFI.
Step 6: Optimize the Computer
If Windows PC is slow or infected with viruses on the computer.
There is a chance that you’ll have to contend with a brother printer that is not working. Therefore, it is crucial to tidy up your computer to remove this issue.
- Uninstall the Unwanted software from the Pc.
- Clean the C:/Drive by using the command Cleanmgr.
- Scan the System files by using the SFC /scan now command.
- Clean the system to eliminate the virus.
- Make sure you update your windows computer.
Step 7: Update the Firmware of the Printer-
Sometimes the Brother printer isn’t responding due to an issue with the firmware.
If you’re using the older version of the Printer’s firmware, it will not function at maximum capacity. In this case, you may encounter the brother printer isn’t responding error.
- Connect the Printer of the Brother with the PC.
- Download and use the Brother software to update the firmware.
- Choose the firmware.
- Click the Install button.
Step 8: Uninstall The Brother Printer
If you’ve tried the steps above, Brother printer doesn’t respond on Windows computers.
There may be an issue with the driver of the Printer. Therefore, you must remove the printer driver from your computer. Install the new brother driver.
- Start your Run Window.
- Type Appwiz.cpl
- Click OK to confirm the request.
- Choose the Printer of your brother.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Hit the Yes button.
Step 9: Factory Reset the Printer
After completing these steps, if the Brother printer doesn’t respond when you use a Windows 10 PC, restoring the Printer to factory settings is necessary.
- Power on the Brother printer.
- Navigate to Settings or set up.
- Click Reset.
- Click on the OK.
- Hit for restore factory settings.
- Click the OK button.
The Brother printers won’t work on the Windows computer. I hope your Printer will be able to print or scan the paper.