The error code 6144, 82 in QuickBooks is among the most common recent issues troubling QuickBooks Desktop users. This error often arises when you try to open your company file. Furthermore, this error may also occur abruptly while QuickBooks is running, and may display in the form of an error message stating the runtime QuickBooks error Code 6144 82. Consequently, it becomes imperative to find a solution to this problem before it causes any negative implications on your accounting program files. This article shall guide you on how to fix QuickBooks Error 6144, 82. If you find yourself entangled in a web of QuickBooks-related issues, all you need to do is call our QuickBooks experts at 1 8007611787, who will ensure a timely redressal of the issue.
Major causes behind QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
QuickBooks Error code 6144, 82 may be brought on by a number of things. Some significant factors that may contribute to this error include the following:
- Data and file corruption in the vital Windows and QuickBooks operating systems.
- Issues with the server network caused by incomplete or unsuccessful QuickBooks Desktop installations.
- By mistake removing data from the Windows registry.
Methods of troubleshooting QuickBooks Error code 6144, 82
Below are described the various methods that can help you in resolving this QuickBooks Error like a pro.
1th Method: Rename .TLG and .ND files
- Press the F2 key after starting the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Verify the company file’s location and access the folder containing it in the “Product Information” window.
- Immediately locate the files with the same name as your company file but with the extensions “.ND” and “TLG.”
- Right-click on these files to rename them.
- Include the “.old” prefix after the filename.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop to see if the problem has been resolved.
2nd Method: Make use of the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Install the Tool Hub for QuickBooks. Download the ‘.exe’ file from the Intuit website if you don’t already have it.
- When QuickBooks is installed, open the Tool Hub.
- Under the Program Problems menu, click the Quick Fix my Program button.
- The process could take some time.
- After you’re finished, open the Company file to see if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, you are now told to move on to the next technique.
3rd Method: Terminate conflicting applications
- Open Task Manager by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and Del keys all together.
- Advance to the Processes tab. Click the End Process button next to each application or service that you believe interferes with QuickBooks.
- If the error still occurs after you stop a process, you should try repairing the accounting software.
You may also read: QuickBooks error code 6189, 816
4th Method: Repair QuickBooks
To ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the most recent version on your system, follow the instructions below:
- Access the Control panel using the Start menu.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop from the list of available programs in the Programs and Features section. Soon after, choose Uninstall a program.
- Choose Repair.
- Keep an eye out for when the repairs are finished. After that, restart QuickBooks Desktop to see if the problem has been resolved.
5th Method: Set up Runtime Libraries
- First, advance to Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall after conducting a search for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Wait for the uninstalling process to be completed.
- After that, restart your computer after downloading and installing the most recent Runtime Libraries.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop to see if the error code 6144, 82 has been resolved. If not, switch to the following tactic.
This article apprised you of all the major causes and the viable troubleshooting measures that can help you in rooting out QuickBooks Error code 6144 82 out of your system. If at any point in time, you feel need of technical assistance, just ring us a call at 1 800 761 1787, and leverage the indomitable support of our certified QuickBooks experts.