Scraping websites is a common task for data analysts and web developers. By scraping the web, we can extract data from websites and save it to a database for further analysis. In this blog post, we will show you how to scrape websites using Node.js and Puppeteer in just 5 steps. By the end, you’ll be able to extract data from any website in no time at all!
In this blog post, we will show you how to scrape websites using Node.js and Puppeteer. By the end, you’ll be able to extract data from any website in no time at all!
5 steps to scraping websites with Node.js and Puppeteer:
1. Install Node.js and Puppeteer on your computer.
2. Download the website you want to scrape. In this example, we will use the website for the movie Star Wars.
3. Open a command prompt window in your home directory and type node index.html . This will open the website in your browser.
4. Next, launch Puppeteer on your computer by typing puppeteer index.html . This will open a window in which you can control the browser and scrape the website.
5. Once you have finished scraping the website, close Puppeteer by pressing ctrl + z .
What is Node.js?
What is Puppeteer?
To get started, install Puppeteer and Node.js. Then, create a new Puppeteer project:
puppeteer init my-project
This will create a new project folder called my-project and install Puppeteer and Node.js in it. Next, open up your project’s folder in Terminal and clone the Scrapy git repository:
git clone https://github.com/scrapy/scrapy cd scrapy
How to scrape websites with Node.js and Puppeteer
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to scrape websites with Node.js and Puppeteer! First, install Node.js and Puppeteer on your machine. Then, use the following commands to create a new project:
puppeteer create scraper –js-script src/scraper.js
Open src/scraper.js and add the following code:
var scraper = require ( ‘puppeteer’ ); var page = scraper . load ( ‘https://www.google.com/search?q=node%20vs%20io&oe=UTF-8’ ); console . log ( page . responseText );
Now, run the project by running the following command:
The output will look like this:
Scraping websites is a great way to gather data, archive old content, and more. In this article, we’ll show you how to scrape websites using Node.js and Puppeteer — two powerful tools that make web scraping simple and easy. By the end of this tutorial, you will have everything you need to start scraping any website https://techcrams.com/