Qbw32.exe is a common error in QuickBooks that has been observed quite often by users. The QuickBooks QBW32.exe error is basically a technical error caused due to a corrupted QuickBooks file. However, there are several other causes behind the error. We shall be discussing all of the causes and the different method to fix QBW32.exe error in QuickBooks. For technical assistance, just give us a call at 1 800 761 1787 and let our experts deal with the issue.
Major instigators behind QuickBooks QBW32.exe error
- The file “qbwin32.dll” is not located in the QuickBooks directory.
- The version of your software is out of date.
- The files that are used to install QuickBooks Desktop are broken/corrupted.
- The qbw32.exe file may have been moved outside the QuickBooks directory.
- The Windows operating system is facing some technical errors.
Ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks QBW32.exe Error
Method 1: Restart the PC
To fix this problem quickly, you should restart your computer. After doing that, open QuickBooks and check if the issue got rectified.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and install it.
- Open the program.
- Next, head to the QuickBooks Install diagnostic Tool and scan for any installation related issues.
Method 3: End QBW32.exe process
- Start by tapping on the “Process” tab and then selecting “Task Manager” from the menu.
- Sort the results in order of the letters of the alphabet, and then tap the Image name heading.
- Look for “QBW32.exe,” and when you find it, click on “End Process.”
Method 4: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop
- Double-tap on the QuickBooks Program while you hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard.
- When you see the box that says “No Company Open,” keep holding down the “Ctrl” key.
- When you go to the company file, you will see the message “No Company Open.” Choose your company file from this list.
- By using the ‘Alt’ key, opt for the ‘open’ button, and by tapping on ‘OK’, you can disable/suppress the QuickBooks Desktop. Keep holding the ‘Alt’ key until all of your company’s files are open, and then release it.
Method 5: Go for Repairing of your QuickBooks Desktop software
- Use the “Start” menu to open “Control Panel.”
- Now, go to “Programs and Features” and click on “Uninstall a Program.”
- Choose “QuickBooks,” and then choose “Uninstall/Change.”
- To move on, click on “Continue” or “Next.” Next, choose “Repair.” Note that Repair will start right away, but it will take some time to finish.
- To manually fix “Microsoft components,” which include Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft MSXML, and the Microsoft.NET Framework, follow the same steps, but choose these components from the list of programs. After that, click “Finish” when the operation is done.
Method 6: Clean install QuickBooks.
- You can uninstall QuickBooks Desktop from the control panel.
- Type the name of the Control Panel into the “search” box in Windows to open it.
- Choose Programs and Features.”
- Move forward to “Uninstall a program.”
- Choose “QuickBooks” from the list of programs, then click “Uninstall/Change” and “Uninstall.” Click “Next” when you’re done.
- Make sure to change the name of the installation folder when you uninstall the software.
- Right-click on the folder and choose “Rename.” Add “.old” to the name at the end.
- Now, Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. Download QuickBooks for the version of Windows you are using. Save the QuickBooks.exe file where you want.
- Accept the License Agreement and move on to the next step by clicking the “Next” button as you follow the on-screen instructions.
- Use the right Product Key and License Key.
- Click “Next”
You may also read: Approaches To Troubleshoot Login Issues in QuickBooks Online
That bring us to the conclusion. This article should help you fix QuickBooks QBW.exe error. If you still come across this error, then all you need to do is call our certified professionals at the helpline 1 800 761 1787.