Users might often discover printer not activated error code -20 in QuickBooks while upgrading windows to a higher version. Are you curious to know why it happened? It might occur whenever the user tries to print payslip, send PDF, email or invoices to their clients and fails to do so. Every time an error occurs, it pops up with the alert message that states:. Get to know for connect canon mg3600 to wifi.
“Could not print to printer. Check your printer selection. Printing may have been canceled from another program”.
Unfortunately, due to this error you can’t be able to print the documents, checks, and other documents in QuickBooks. Therefore, it is essential to get rid of QuickBooks activation error code -20 right away. This comprehensive post will assist you with all the prominent causes that trigger the error. Moreover, quick fixes for the error have also been elaborated below.
Probable Causes For QuickBooks Printer error code 20
There are a number of reasons that might lead to QuickBooks printer error code 20. Therefore, to know about all of them, we have presented you with the list of all such causes. Check them attentively:
- There might be the possibility that the QuickBooks Desktop program is not installed correctly.
- Another reason may be accessing the discontinued version of the QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- The obsolete versions of the printer drivers may also be one of the reasons responsible for the printer not activated error code -20.
What should I do to rectify QuickBooks Printer not activated error code 20?
To know about the quick fixes to deal with QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20, you must go through the pointers listed below. It will help you to resolve this error effectively and without much interruptions.
Solution 1:- Use Monitoring Application on Windows to Disable UAC
- To begin with, press the Windows + R keys to open the Run window and type “Control Panel” in the required text field.
- Consequently, it will open the Control Panel window and then opt for the User Accounts option.
- Following this, choose the Change User Access Control Settings option and move your slider towards the never to Notify option.
- Finally, tap on the Ok button and relaunch your system.
Solution 2:- Verify the Default Email Program in Windows Registry
- Open the Run window by following the steps listed above to initiate the process.
- Now, in the run window, insert “regedit” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard to move ahead.
- Soon after this, move to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Clients -> Mail.
- You are supposed to check the default email name located on the left side of the panel. On the other hand, if you are not using the default email program, click on the Default section twice and put the name of your email program.
- At last, tap on the Ok option and then restart your device once again.
Need Any Additional Help!!
So, we assure you that now you won’t get a Printer Not Activated Error Code -20 while printing the payslips, documents, invoices, etc. You can also try deleting qbprint.qbp & wpr.ini files from the QuickBooks Installation Folder to resolve the issue. Furthermore, if you still have any doubts while fixing the error, communicate with our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.