What is Microsoft’s Dynamics Business Central?
Regarding enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and Office 365 integration, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is the cloud-based, all-in-one solution. A Value Added Reseller also offers it as an on-premises option (VAR).
Its precursor, Dynamics NAV, is already well-known and used by numerous companies. NAV is widely used, with 2.7 million users in 195 countries. Microsoft is beginning its transition from on-premises systems with the release of 365 Business Central, promoting the company’s “cloud-first” strategy for ERP solutions. This conforms to the market’s growing desire for online storage.
When Using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, What Do You Get to Do?
Modular design, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central seeks to provide several features to small and medium-sized businesses at an affordable price. Those who have worked with earlier Microsoft ERPs will recognise a few elements.
Two editions of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central are Essentials and Premium, respectively. Among the modules are:
Controlling Expenditures and Revenue
- Track real-time financial metrics and integrate information from your accounting, supply chain, and customer contacts.
- Edit and organise data for financial projections using models.
- Reports can be modified with an Excel add-in.
- Integrate your payables and receivables processes
Administration of the Supply Chain
- Automated stock-counting, forecasting, and restocking
- Learn the best time to pay suppliers to maximise savings and prevent late fees.
- Avoid wasteful or fraudulent transactions with the help of approval processes.
Management of Existing Relationships with Customers
- Monitor your customers’ interactions with your company to increase upselling and cross-selling chances.
- To provide better service, you need to understand service tasks and workloads better to assign resources more efficiently and resolve tickets promptly.
- Accelerating the “quote-to-cash” cycle will increase sales productivity.
Administration of Projects
- Timesheets can be used to create and manage customer projects.
- Construct spending plans for the project.
- Assessment of the Project’s Progress.
Management of People Resources
- Maintain complete and accurate employee records.
- Keep your contacts, contracts, and sensitive information safe.
- Controlling Inventory at a Warehouse
- Inventory overviews for effective order processing
- Optimisation of Production Capacity and Materials
- Comprehensive production plans designed to fulfil client needs
Two extra features are available with the Premium licence:
- Contracts for Manufacturing
- Organising the Supply Chain
- Ability to plan
- Management of Services
- Deal with contracts, prices, and service orders.
- Preparation and sending out.
Bringing together these diverse operations into a single platform has three goals:
- Preventing the fragmentation of businesses.
- Providing decision-makers with valuable data and insights.
- Making it easy to upgrade and alter the enterprise resource planning system.
Taking Advantage of the Cloud with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
Since the release of Azure, their public cloud computing platform, in February 2010, Microsoft has been steadily increasing the prevalence of cloud technology across its platforms to answer business problems.
Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is a software-as-a-service offering, dethroned traditional Office product licences in terms of income once it debuted in 2011.
Given the popularity of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central among small and medium-sized businesses, it makes sense for Microsoft to adapt its flagship enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for use in the cloud.
Because they realised that many customers still use on-premises or hybrid deployment systems of older ERPs like NAV—often a legacy system that has been in use for years—they were mindful not to offer the solution as a strictly SaaS product.
Connecting people and processes in your company couldn’t be more straightforward than with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central an all-in-one solution for business administration. Because of its intuitive interface and built-in intelligence, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central web application facilitates smarter business decisions and fully integrates with Office 365.