Why Is My Brother Printer In Error State?
What’s the reason why your printer is doing this weird thing? Several reasons could be the cause of the printer’s error message.
- Incorrectly placed plugs or USB connection.
- Sometimes, a BIOS problem — for example, the instructions passed between your printer and your computer can result in an error state.
- Corrupt printer driver
- Poor or slow Internet connectivity
- Malware, virus or malware attack
Fixing A Brother In Error State
Here’s how you can repair the problem of a Brother printer in error state, starting with the simplest option to more difficult techniques.
Method 1: Check your cables/network
It might sound easy, but sometimes twirling wires connecting your printer to your computer could resolve many connectivity issues.
Are you connected to a wireless network? Do a diagnostic test to determine if your router is operating properly.
In Windows, Go to Printers and Devices in the Control Panel and make sure that your printer is connected wirelessly.
➜ Method 2: Make sure your printer has ink and paper
Sometimes, an empty cartridge of ink or toner can cause an error message to appear. Make sure your printer is free of any paper jams and is filled with plenty of printing paper.
➜ Method 3: Restart your printer
- Press your power button to turn off the printer. Brother printer.
- Remove the printer’s plug from the outlet on the wall.
- Add ten to the count and then plug it back into.
- Make sure to restart your printer.
If this fails, restart your computer and the Brother printer again.
➜ Method 4: Update printer drivers
Sometimes, the Error State can be caused by the printer driver being outdated or corrupted. You can upgrade your printer driver within Windows by:
- Opening the Control Panel
- Selecting Device Manager
- Open the Print Queries folder.
- Find your printer in this list, then right-click it
- Select “Update Driver”
- Choose the option to look for updated driver software automatically.
It is also possible to visit the Brother site to download the most current driver for your printer.
Download the most up-to-date Brother driver for your printer.
With the model of your printer and the operating system you are using, you might have to remove the previous driver before installing the new driver.
➜ Method 5: Use the Windows troubleshooting tool
It is also possible to resolve your Error State problem using Windows troubleshooting tools. Windows troubleshooting software.
- Press the Start button
- Select Settings
- Select Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot
- Select Additional Troubleshooters
- Choose the icon for printing
- Choose “Run the troubleshooter.”
After troubleshooting has been completed, restart your printer and computer.
➜ Method 6: Reset your print spooler
Resetting your printer spooler could remove the Brother print error message.
To do this on Windows:
- Click on the button Start, and look for CMD
- Make a right-click on Command Prompt program
- Choose “run as administrator.”
- If the Command Prompt window appears, start typing “net stop spooler.”
- Click enter
- If the Command Prompt window appears, start typing “net start spooler.”
- Click enter
- Exit the Command Prompt windows
- Restart the computer
Here’s a different way to stop and start the printer spooler within Windows
- In the search box in the search box, type “Services.”
- Right-click Services and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Click on Print Spool Service and right-click
- Select Stop
- Once the spooler has stopped, paste C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS into the Windows search window.
- Choose the print jobs you want to delete in the right-hand window. Right-click and choose delete.
- Return to Services or Print Spool and click on the right-click
- Start by selecting the start
- Restart your printer and computer.
This will reset the spooler, which sends printing tasks to your Brother printer.
➜ Method 7: Reset your Brother printer to factory default settings
It is possible to restart your Brother printer to its initial standard settings.
To accomplish this:
- The cover of the printer should be opened so that the cartridges of ink or toner are visible.
- Shut off the printer, then turn it on.
- Click the “Go” button on the printer 10 repeatedly (other versions of Brother printers require that you press “Go” 7 times.)
This will set your Brother printer back to default settings. This will hopefully resolve the error state issue.
Print Away, Brother!
This is the most effective way to eliminate the error message of your printer from Brother. If you still have issues, you may have to contact a Brother Service Technician.