To ensure the security of the individuals, the Government has made it compulsory for every person to link their Aadhaar with a mobile number. The Aadhar card link with mobile number helps to identify the criminals, terrorists, money lenders, and fraudsters and punish them according to the law. Apart from linking the Aadhaar card to a mobile number, it is also necessary to connect the card with the National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI) to allow users to gain several benefits.
National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI) is an initiative by the Reserve Bank of India to ease retail payments. By linking to an Aadhaar card with a bank account, users can get the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) from the Government. Besides, they can track the transactions made throughout the year. Furthermore, the NPCI Aadhaar link bank account eliminates the risk of untraceable transactions.
Steps to Link Aadhaar With Mobile Number in Three Different Ways
If you want to make an Aadhaar card link with mobile number, you can follow any of the three steps mentioned below for effective Aadhaar and Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) linking.
Step 1: How to Link an Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number for the First Timers Offline?
Users must visit the nearest telecom operator store and complete the following procedures to link their aadhaar card with their mobile number. Besides, users must ensure to make an NPCI Aadhaar link bank account after linking the card to the mobile number to make digital payments seamlessly.
- Users need to ask for a new SIM.
- They need to show Aadhaar as identification proof.
- The users will have to scan the fingerprint in the Biometric scanner and verify their Aadhaar.
- After the verification process, the telecom operator will provide a new SIM.
- The new SIM linked with Aadhaar Card will get activated in an hour.
Step 2: How to Aadhaar Card Link with Mobile Number Offline For Registered Users?
The users who wish to link an aadhaar card to their existing mobile number will have to conduct the following steps. Additionally, they need to check whether the aadhaar card is linked to at least one NPCI Aadhaar link bank account for the seeding process.
- The users must dial the toll-free number 14546 from their registered mobile phones.
- Then, they must select the right option depending on whether they are Non-Resident Indians (NRI) or Indians.
- After providing this, they need to type the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Then, they need to press 1 to confirm their input.
- The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number.
- They need to provide their photo, name, and date of birth to the telecom operator.
- Lastly, they need to enter the OTP when asked and press 1 to complete the process.
Step 3: How to Aadhaar Card Link with Mobile Number Online?
If you want to link the aadhaar card to a mobile number for financial transactions, you must ensure that the Aadhaar card and the mobile number are connected to the NPCI aadhar link bank account. It is essential to seed the Aadhaar number in the NPCI database. Users can make the Aadhaar card link with mobile number online by conducting the following steps and completing the bank account linking for secure financial transactions.
- Users need to visit the main website of Airtel, Jio, Vodafone, or other telecom operators.
- They need to select the ‘Update mobile number with Aadhaar card’ or ‘Link mobile number with Aadhaar card’ tab and write the mobile number they want to link with the Aadhaar.
- After this process, an OTP will appear on the specified mobile number. Users need to verify the OTP to get the consent message.
- In the next tab, they need to enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- The telecom operator will send e-KYC details for consent.
- Users must read and accept the terms and conditions to complete the Aadhaar card link with mobile number procedure.
Users can select any convenient ways listed above and link their aadhaar card with their mobile number. However, they must ensure that the aadhar card is connected to the NPCI aadhar link bank account to ensure safety from fraudsters and secure transactions.