In some instances, when you strive to open QuickBooks, it denies opening and simultaneously throws an error message “QuickBooks has stopped working.” Although QuickBooks are being the most preferred accounting software, the QuickBooks Won’t Open error arises at any time. However, despite responding or opening QuickBooks, the Windows screen is frozen which can be dreadful. At that point in time, there is a need for technical assistance to get it hassle-freely sorted out from the root. So, in this tutorial, we’ve discussed and reviewed why your QuickBooks is unable to open. Also, we have shared the top-notch solution to resolve this issue shortly and efficiently.
What Triggers The QuickBooks Not Working Error?
There might be a number of reasons why your QuickBooks Won’t Open even after attempting multiple times to open it. Here’s the list of possible causes:
- The Company name is probably longer than its requirement.
- Most probably, the “QBWUSER.INI” file is corrupt, missing, or damaged.
- Corrupted hard drives may also be responsible for QuickBooks Not Opening problem.
- Damaged program files and/or corrupted installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows OS doesn’t support QuickBooks.
- Conflict in some other programs.
Before Moving On To The Solutions Consider The Following Points
- Use the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Set the Windows Regional Settings of QuickBooks to US locale
- Use the appropriate and regional settings
Solutions To Be Implemented To Fix QuickBooks Not Working Issue
Follow the below-given technical methods to effortlessly eradicate the QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open error. Let’s begin to perform the course of actions accordingly:
Solution 1: Run QBs Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool is a one-stop solution to any of the common QuickBooks-related problems. It automatically detects what the internal glitches are with QBs program files and solved the issues immediately. Thus, without any doubt, run this tool whenever you are prevented from accessing your QuickBooks Desktop. Here’s how you can do so:
- First and forecast, you are required to download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool fully and finally on your Windows PC.
- Next, you need to save the file to the Desktop.
- Close all the applications running background on your computer system.
- Now, Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool) by implementing the on-screen prompted guideline.
- Now, restart your computer after running the tool completely and precisely. This gives you the assurance that the windows components are up to date.
Now, try to open QuickBooks to ensure that it is working perfectly fine.
Solution 2: Rename The QBWUSER.ini. File
Here’s the stepwise procedure to quickly rename QBWUSER.ini. File:
- Locate the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is saved and then open it.
- Now, place a right-click on the “QBWUSER.ini” file and then choose the “Rename” option.
- After that, try to add the “.old” at the end of the file name.
- Now, change the name of “ECML.file”.
- After renaming the file, open QuickBooks to see if it works properly or yet QuickBooks Not Working.
Solution 3: Reboot Your Windows PC & Disable Antivirus
- Reboot your computer
- After rebooting, open your QuickBooks application
- Also, you are suggested to disable the security software for the time being if the issue persists.
Solution 4: Create a New Admin User For QuickBooks
QuickBooks Won’t Open due to damaged Windows installation. Thus, create a new admin user account in Windows and then try to open your company file. Using a new user admin account for opening QuickBooks will not lead you to encounter any technical errors. Here’s the step to create the account:
- Make a right-click on the Windows Start button and select “Settings”
- Now, click “Accounts”
- Then, Choose Family & other users
- Click on “Add” to someone else on this PC
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to create a new user on Windows 10 PC.
Advanced Technical Support For QuickBooks Not Working Problem
After applying any of the above-stated troubleshooting tips, hopefully, you can fix the error “QuickBooks Not Working” at the earliest. However, if, unfortunately, none of the fixing methods work in your favor, feel free to take quality assistance from the QuickBooks Technical Support team. The trained tech-savvy team works dedicatedly to cater to permanent solutions.