Dental problems don’t occur on your schedule. You need a dental team you can depend on, whether your problem occurs during business hours, at night, or on the weekend. Doctors Network makes finding an emergency dentist near Brooklyn NY easy. We can help you with whatever oral health problem you’re experiencing, no matter when it occurs.
Common Types of Dental Emergencies
If you have any of these oral health issues, contact top-reviewed emergency dentists such as 1st Impression Dental in Brooklyn to find out if you need immediate intervention:
- Dislodged tooth Knocked-out tooth Severe tooth pain
- Broken tooth Sudden mouth or tooth discomfort Trauma to the mouth or jaw
- Chipped or cracked tooth Lost filling or crown Severely lacerated gums, lips, or tongue Damaged veneer
How Do You Know You Have a Real Dental Emergency?
You don’t have to have a problem that neatly fits in the categories above to need an emergency dental appointment. Though the definition of a true dental emergency is a situation that threatens the tissues in your mouth, your Brooklyn emergency dentist considers every concerning condition seriously. Every situation is different. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Bleeding does not always indicate disaster. The oral cavity is home to hundreds of veins in your lips, gums, cheek, and tongue. Even a small laceration in the oral cavity can cause an alarming amount of bleeding, but that does not always mean worst-case scenario.
- Don’t suffer the pain. If tooth pain is serious, it won’t disappear on its own. The pain will continue to get worse and the situation will not resolve automatically. Don’t try to muscle through the pain or wait for your next dental visit to be examined. The longer you wait to have your oral health problem addressed, the more likely you are to need lengthier, more invasive intervention.
- Cosmetic problems can usually wait. An issue with your cosmetic dentist, like a chipped veneer, is definitely annoying but it’s not always a problem that requires a same-day dental visit. You might be a little self-conscious until you get a chance to see the dentist, but knowing your problem can wait will help ease your concern.
- Don’t hesitate to contact Doctors Network. If you have an issue regarding your oral health, ask your dentist. You will get a clear response about your situation which can lower your anxiety. The level of urgency may not be as bad as you think and, if it is, you can book a visit to be seen right away.
Visit Doctors Network for Urgent Dental Treatments
Common emergency dental repairs include wisdom teeth removal, tooth extractions, root canal therapy, and composite tooth fillings. The solution depends of course on the diagnosis, and even if you’re experiencing pain, in some cases it is not possible to tell what the cause of the pain is until you’re in the dentist’s chair. A hot tooth could be caused by tooth decay, abscess, infection, a tooth root cyst, or even gingivitis. If you wish to save your teeth and restore your oral and dental health, it is vital to have every oral health issue addressed ASAP.
Contact dentists who accept walk-ins in Brooklyn right away to discuss your oral health emergency or book a visit. Visit Doctors Network to learn more.