Are you running a real estate business, but facing many challenges to attract new visitors? It means you lack somewhere on your website to attract your target audience but don’t worry with us; you can get more tips on boosting your website rank on Google and attracting more audience to become customers.
As you know, the real estate market, particularly in major cities, is fiercely competitive. As a result, everyone is eager to do anything they can to boost their visibility and earn those listings, from the struggling to run a business on your own to the multibillion-dollar national conglomerates.
It is very crucial for you to know your location because you serve a location-based area, you’ll only be competing with people who live in that same hyperlocal area.
You need to know your location to help you find your zone; competition can be substantial even among small businesses
On the other hand, if you start local SEO, it provides you with a fighting chance. As long as you understand what you’re doing and what are crucial in your areas.
If you follow these ten suggestions for improving your real estate website, you will surely attract dominant local searches.
1. Start your work by conducting an SEO audit.
Before targeting the audience, you must figure out where you are and where you’re going to develop your website.
SEO audit is a time-consuming task; it will take time. However, it serves as a baseline for your website progress and provides the data you need to develop a strategy. SEO audit will help you figure out these questions:
2. Is there any organic traffic coming your way?
Is your website well-known in your desired area?
Is it more essential for you to generate leads or convert clients?
After knowing the SEO audit, you must know the next step means what the key areas to concentrate on are:
- You should know the titles, Meta descriptions, header tags, alt tags, and URLs are all part of the page structure.
- What is the site structure of your websites like XML sitemap, robots.txt, and redirects?
- Before publishing content on your website, you must know the structure, keyword and link placement, graphic components, duplicates, redirects, and canonical tags.
- The crucial step is to know more about link interlinking
- Learn more about your website accessibility, mobile-friendliness, and site speed usability aspects.
If you follow these steps regularly to your website, You will see an increase of approximate traffic if you enhance everything in these five areas.
Use Google Analytics to determine which sites require the most attention, and Google Search Console to identify problems that must address. In addition, Google Analytics gives you more attractive features such as:
Mobile-Friendly Test and PageSpeed Insights feature.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
It’s best to take a systematic approach to avoid missing anything.
What areas you need to concentrate on:
- Analysis and evaluation of keywords
- Image enhancement
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Validation of SSL certificates by the W3C
- Placement of outward and internal links
- Optimization of CTR and bounce rate
- Increasing the speed of your website
- Optimization of content
- XML sitemap using robots.txt
3. Your website should be user-friendly
Everyone, regardless of disability, should easily access the internet.
Screen readers assist the visually challenged, but the user experience suffers if the website is not developed with accessibility in mind.
All businesses should ensure that their websites are ADA compliant, but this is especially important for real estate salespeople, who are frequently sued.
The following are some basic ADA compliance guidelines:
- A link to where the relevant software may be downloaded should be included in any media players or PDF documents.
- Users must be warned if any, information entered is incorrect. For example, if a form requires an email address and does not provide one, it must notify the user.
- The appearance of the website isn’t exclusively based on color.
- Buttons and links have descriptive names.
- You need to implement a “skip navigation” mechanism to ensure that users can get to the information quickly.
- Screen readers must be able to read alt text for all photos.
- Text subtitles are required for video content.
- Transcripts or descriptions are required for audio and video content.
- Any audio that is playing can be paused at any time.
- Page titles should accurately convey the page’s content and not lead people astray.
- Any time constraints are communicated to users.
- There are no empty links or heading tags on the site.
- The language code at the header of every page identifies the language in which the code was written and should be read.
- Screen reader software can read both labels and legends on forms.
- You can turn off any automatic blinking, flashing, or scrolling.
- There are no strobe effects, quickly flashing animations or color.
- The layout and readability of the page are unaffected by any interactive elements.
- The emphasis of any keyboard should not be locked on a single element.
- The site passes the W3C HTML validator test with flying colors.
- It would be best if you also assured the following to be fully ADA compliant:
- The site’s pages can be accessed in a variety of ways.
- The text should remain in form when the window is resized to 200 percent without impacting the website layout or usability.
- Text subtitles should be included in any live audio or video content.
- Images do not take the role of text in performing functions.
- Only the links are highlighted.
- On the same page, redundant links are removed or at least reduced.
- The keyword focus must always be evident.
- If the user detects any input mistakes, the user is given options to resolve the problem.
- At least a 4:5:1 contrast ratio between background and readable components is required.
- Each page’s code should indicate which languages are used if the site supports many languages.
4. Mobile Devices Should Be Optimized
Mobile devices account for more than half of all internet traffic (52%).
That implies that your website must work well on mobile devices to please Google and your potential consumers.
The following are the major areas to concentrate on when it comes to mobile optimization:
- Responsive design
- Page loading time
- Hosting is quick.
- Site search Forms Home Page Site navigation
- Conversions \sUsability
- A responsive design adjusts your site to match the screen of any device, which is critical for usability.
Visitors will likely click back to the search results to locate a more user-friendly site if they have to wait too long for a page to load.
The more steps a user must complete to achieve their goal, the less likely they will meet them all.
5. Google My Page and other relevant sites should be added to your website
- Local citations are a crucial aspect of local SEO
- The more sites where your site is featured, the better, as long as your name, address, and phone number are constant.
- Begin with Google My Business and keep your information current.
- Fill out as much information as possible on the profile.
- Add photographs, videos, and other relevant stuff to make it more interesting.
- It can help you rank higher in Google’s local searches and give you a greater chance of outranking sites like Zillow and Trulia, but don’t forget to sign up for those as well.
Other websites where you can list your business are:
- Angie’s List
- Better Business Bureau
- Merchant Circle
- Neighborhood Scout
- Yahoo Homes
- Yellow Pages
- Yellow Pages
Perform a quick search on each of the platforms you want to use. For example, it’s possible that you already have a company profile on LinkedIn that needs to be claimed. You’ll have more control over the information provided there once it’s been confirmed.
Because customers conduct a lot of research on these platforms, you’re improving your SEO and opening up new sales channels that will help you generate more leads.
6. Participate in social media
Although social media has no direct impact on search engine results, it remains a crucial component of your digital marketing plan.
Do you know why?
It aids in:
- Make eye contact with your intended audience
- Boost your exposured
- Create a sense of authority, trust, and alertness
- Increase the number of conversions
- Real estate companies will struggle to achieve internet awareness without social media profiles.
- It’s easy to attempt to be everywhere on social media. Still, it’s preferable to focus on a few channels and master them rather than spreading yourself too thinly and compromising the quality of your material.
- Consider Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest in addition to Facebook.
- Share your blog content, videos, and other critical information like statistics, news, and more on these social media platforms.
- Use visual material to promote your website on Instagram and Pinterest.
- On Facebook, highlight the best sales chances.
- Add local-focused hashtags and descriptions with geo-targeted keywords whenever you upload material on social media.
7. Make sure valuable Content Should Be Posted on Your Blog
Having an engaging blog on your website gives you more opportunities to target keywords relevant to your business.
Because you are a small business with limited resources and cannot compete with large corporations, it is critical to prioritize the kind of content you publish.
Your blog should contain a combination of Articles of Interest
These are the neighborhood-related posts, such as:
- The price of living
- Social life is important
- of Schools
- Crime status
- of Restaurants
- Describe the neighborhood’s advantages and disadvantages, as well as present unique insights
- Visual content
Content can include crucial things like:
- Images that you are sharing
- Videos are streamed in real-time
- Video tours are available
- Virtual tours are available
- Interviews with Business Owners
Include discussions related to content with local company owners, but it will be worthwhile.
To help raise awareness and expand your reach, business owners are likely to share these interviews on their social media platforms and websites.
Please take a few minutes to optimize the content for search engines before posting and distributing it.
Titles, headers and subheadings, Meta descriptions, alt text, hashtags, and URLs should all contain relevant geographic keywords.
8. Make some video content.
Although content is frequently the simplest to create, you should invest in generating and optimizing video content if you have the resources.
- Creating a YouTube channel and optimizing it
- Upload movies to that channel regularly
- Your videos can be shared or uploaded to your website and social media platforms
- To reach a broader audience, run live streaming on Facebook and YouTube
Do you require content creation ideas?
Try these tips:
- Videos from the open house
- Live-streamed Q&A sessions
- Videos with questions and answers
- Virtual tours are available
- You can repurpose that video clip to produce new content for social media and your blog, allowing it to serve you in various ways.
- Make an effort to optimize your video material for local search.
- Headlines, descriptions, and hashtags should all include your geo-targeted keywords.
- Subtitles and a transcript should be included for accessibility
- It is easier for search engines to crawl and index the information if you have the transcript in the description
- In the description, contain links to your social media profiles, website, and any related listings
9. Make use of Structured Data Markup (SDM)
Google and other search engines can understand more about the type of content on your page thanks to structured data markup or schema.
If you want rich snippets to appear in search results on your site, you should use them wherever possible.
The following are advantages for real estate businesses:
- RentAction \sResidence \sPostalAddress
- SearchResultsPage \sWebPage
- What you’ll utilize is determined by the structure of your website.
Consult an SEO expert if you’re unsure what to utilize or where to begin.
After adding schema to your site, use the Structured Data Testing Tool to double-check its accuracy.
Attempt to obtain Featured Snippets. Featured snippets have the potential to change the game.
10. Getting a featured snippet allows you to
- Increases the number of visitors
- Enhances your search engine ranking
- Earning them might be challenging, and few businesses in local search have them.
- Rather than competing with huge websites that may already have the top spot, seek queries that don’t have one.
- However, keep in mind that Google does not show the featured snippet for geo-targeted inquiries.
You can compensate by:
- To uncover relevant, geo-focused long-tail keywords and phrases, conduct a keyword analysis
- Include the keywords you’ve chosen in high-quality content
- Make sure your information is appropriately structured and marked up
- Use question-focused headings and subheadings, shorter paragraphs that could fit in a featured snippet section, H1-H2 tags, tables, lists, charts, and photos, among other things.
- Create a section on your website for questions and answers. Specific responses, especially photos and lists, are more likely to be published as featured snippets.
Despite the tremendous competition in real estate, many options are still available. To avoid making blunders, it’s best to seek advice from or employ an expert if you’re unfamiliar with SEO.