Studying for an MBBS in China is the dream of millions of Pakistani students as well as foreign students after taking 12th place, but due to the high competition in the field, only a few students can achieve their dream of obtaining an MBBS degree. This is due to several reasons including the large population, low number of medical schools, high fees, and intense competition.
Applying for Study MBBS in China
For these reasons, many Pakistani students prefer to study abroad, and the first choice for Pakistani students is to Study MBBS in China. This is due to the developed status of the country and the convenient universities there, which are world-renowned for providing high-quality education and effective training programs. Most students who study MBBS abroad choose China for low-cost medical education and education of international quality standards.
No donations, low cost of living, and no entrance exams are some other exciting features of MBBS admission in China. The country’s well-developed infrastructure and innovative technological advancements also attract foreign students to study medicine there.
Eligibility to Study MBBS in China
There Are Some Eligibility Criteria For Pursuing Study MBBS in China. Here they come:
- Applicants must be between 17 and 26 years of age at the time of admission.
- Candidates must pass the Category 12 exam with a minimum PCB score of 50% in the General category and 40% in the Reserved category.
- Candidates must clear NEET-UG.
- To prove his nationality.
- Document Requirements for Admission to MBBS from China.
- The birth certificate is in English.
- A passport is valid for at least eighteen months.
- Scanned copies of the tenth and twelfth certificates and transcripts.
- A scanned copy of your NEET-UG results.
- Medical certificate from any local hospital.
- A police certificate of no criminal record was issued by the local police station.
- Passport-size photos (at least 10).
- School Leaving Certificate and Transfer Certificate.
- Invitation letter to apply to a university or college.
Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in China
- The first step is to have all the above documents ready so you don’t have to rush.
- Once you have gathered all your documents, make a list of the universities you would like to apply to. This should be done after proper research and analysis of all aspects such as MCI status, fee structure, weather, transport facilities, and housing conditions.
- Now, you have to fill out the university’s online application form and check the documents one by one from their website. Also, submit an application fee, if required.
- You will receive confirmation from the University if you have completed the application form, uploaded all verified documents, and met all eligibility requirements.
- the fifth step:
- Once you have received your confirmation letter, you must submit the fee within the deadline stated in the confirmation letter.
- Once your admission is confirmed, you must apply for a student visa at the embassy.
- It usually takes about a month to prepare the visa. But once your visa is completed, you can travel to China.
Note: You can complete all the above steps with the help of local institutions and secure your place in the selected China Medical University.
Best University Apply for MBBS
About 45 Chinese universities were approved by MCI in 2020, which is a good number to study MBBS in China as an option for you. Almost all of these 45 universities use English as the language of study which makes the syllabus easier to understand.
Some of the universities that are highly recommended to apply to are:
- Southeastern University
- Chinese Medical University
- Wuhan University
- Jilin University
- Sichuan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Nanjing Medical University
- Fudan University
Why MBBS in China?
Study MBBS in China has less competition for MBBS than in Pakistan. Students with NEET-UG average scores can also easily get into a good Chinese university. MBBS degree from China is globally recognized and well recognized in any country including Pakistan. Compared to other European, American, and Russian universities, MBBS in Chinese universities is very affordable and good value for money. In some cases, it is cheaper than private medical universities in Pakistan. Unlike many other European and American countries, the absence of entrance exams is a very beneficial feature for students. They just need to provide the required documents and meet all qualifications.
China is a developed country with highly advanced technology and skills in the fields of medicine and science. Thus, students can learn every skill and technique useful in their career while pursuing their MBBS degree. Chinese universities treat international students equally and provide them with all possible facilities to reduce homesickness. As the most populous country, China offers students ample opportunities to learn and practice skills and investigations.